Thursday, August 12, 2010

Misfit.

Dear God

please don’t let me get trapped in an opera-singing, tofu-eating world

Where everyone is pale yellow & looks the same

I want to live in a world that is cool & casual

Where nobody has to worry what other people think

I can’t imagine living in a Barbie world where everyone wears big frilly skirts, fluffy dresses, & high heels

Help me to live in a world with Rock & roll, silk pajamas, church bells & tacos

I want to

Zoom

Dive

Soar

Like a pelican

Let me swim through the seasons

And dance with wild horses

-------------------------------------------

I wrote this poem in the 8th grade.

It's funny how some things never change.


1 comment:

  1. linnea! that's awesome! i absolutely love it! you should be a writer!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave something behind...