Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Finished.

I am officially done with my National Student Exchange application and I am so excited to turn it in tomorrow.
Part of the application was getting your academic advisor and one other faculty member to fill out a recommendation/evaluation sheet, and I asked the professor I had for Argument/Debate last semester, Denise Gorsline.
If you go to MSUM take one of her classes, she is great!
I went into her office today to give her the sheet and we chatted for a little while. I told her that I was a little nervous to hand in my application and that I am really hoping to be accepted. She told me that she knew I was going to get in, there was no way I wouldn't.
She really knows exactly what to say and when so say it.
Even in Debate.
I am probably one of the worst public speakers. There is a lot of stuttering, shaking limbs, forgetting and umming. Before I went to speak she would always tell me that I knew what I was doing, I was prepared and I was going to be just fine.
She is really a marvelous teacher and I am so honored to have been one of her students.

I got to pick four schools that I wanted to go to for NSE. So spent a whole day researching and this is what I came up with...

1. Florida International University
2. University of Georgia
3. Queens College, CUNY
4. California State University - Northridge

I know in my previous post I said that I was going to California, but I had to put it fourth because they don't have as strong of a photography program as the others.
The NSE lady told me that if my #1 accepts me than I have to go there, so I am crossing my fingers.
How awesome would Florida be?!
I would be happy to attend any of those universities, I just hope I am not getting my hope up.

So true.
Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave something behind...