Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Stuck.

So I got this job, a second job.
I shouldn't complain because I am very fortunate to have it,
but it is slowly eating my soul.
(not to be dramatic or anything)
I wake up at 6 am, put on my fire resistant shirt, try to tame my hair and maybe put on a little mascara.
Then I drive 12 miles to make a fool out of myself for about 8 or 9 hours.
Then come 3:30 I am home free and pretty dang tired.
5 days a week.
I have no idea how people do the same thing day in and day out.
It is driving me crazy and it is only my third week!
Oddly enough, I am grateful.
This summer job has confirmed my belief that I am not cut out for such a strict and structured work life.
And trust me I am not.
But with this job I will have the funds to stand on my own two feet and
get my dreams out the of clouds and into reality.

2 comments:

  1. hang in there linnea! just keep imagining the beach!! :) ...and surfer boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah! I'll try. I think imaginary surfer boys will be the ticket to getting me through the summer :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave something behind...