Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Lonely.

Loneliness is a funny thing.
I consider myself a lonely person, but not in a sad, please pity me sort of way.
In a good way.
I feel like people instantly associate loneliness with sadness and depression.
I believe that loneliness is a positive quality, a synonym for independence and maturity.
I am content with being alone.
Sure, I thoroughly enjoy being in the company of people but I am not afraid to spend time on my own.
I like it.
Being by myself gives me a chance to think about things I wouldn't normally think.
In a way it feeds my creativity.
And of course I don't want to be alone forever.
But I am not in any hurry to commit myself to any place or anyone.
This is my time to figure myself out and do all of the things I want to do.
Guilt free.

So, smile for being lonely and being alive.
:)

1 comment:

Leave something behind...