Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Unlucky.

My car broke down tonight.
On highway 35.
Just outside Minneapolis.
There was a big clunk, & then I couldn't steer
or accelerate.
The heat went out too.
Just barely got off the freeway, and I was praying for a miracle.
Too bad I forgot that miracles don't happen to people with bad luck.
People like me.
Blue & red in my rearview mirror.
The cop one-knuckle knocked on my window
& was startled when I opened my door.
My windows don't roll down.
He asked me what was going on, so I told the situation.
He seemed puzzled and asked some more ridiculous questions
(For example: Did you know you're not supposed to park here?)
But he was nice enough to call a tow truck.
The rest of the journey went smoothly, after I had a good cry.

I've been pretty fortunate lately so I should have known my time was coming.


At least dinner was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave something behind...